- How much does a .scot domain name cost? And to renew?
- A standard or general availability .scot domain is currently charged at the standard price of £40 + VAT per annum (£48 inc VAT). Sometimes we run offers, so check the home page for up to date pricing.
- When do I pay for my domain?
- You pay for your domain when you apply to have the domain registered. In the event that an application is unsuccessful, a full refund will be given.
If you're unable to pay using a credit card, please contact us (email link to email@example.com).
- Who is allowed to register a .scot domain?
- There are no set restrictions on registration, so long as there's a link to Scotland or being Scottish. They can be registered by individuals or business for personal use, to promote a business or service, or something that's just Scottish or Scotland themed.
- Can I change my .co.uk or .com domain into a .scot domain?
- No - they are totally separate and you can have a .co.uk or .com in addition to a .scot, or take out a .scot domain and allow your other domain to lapse.
- Can I register a village/town/placename?
- A'Civic' registrations are charged at £199 + VAT (£238.80 inc VAT) for the first year, with renewals at the standard renewal rate of £40 + VAT.
You can request a civic domain in the same way as a standard domain. There is no restriction on who can order a civic domain.
- What is going to happen to the reserved domains if they are not taken up? Will they become available to the general public? Will they still have a premium price tag?
- At this time we're not sure what will happen to the remaining civic domains. Once we know, we will update the website. A selection of keyword and other .scot domains remain reserved at this time.
As and when they are released we'll update our website and announce via social media.
- How much will a premium .scot domain cost?
- Premium domains cost £299 + VAT (£358.80 inc VAT) for the initial registration. Super-premium domains cost £599 + VAT (£718.80 inc VAT).
Premium and super-premium renewals will be at the standard renewal rate of £40 + VAT. You can see a list of premium and super-premium names Here.
- I already have a website. Can I register a .scot domain and point it to my existing website?
- Yes, we can register a .scot and supply web and email forwarding/redirection services.
- Can I have a .scot email address?
- Yes, if you register a .scot domain name your service will include an email account of your choosing. You can use an email account without needing to have a website.
- If I let my .scot domain lapse, how long will it be before it becomes available to someone else?
- Approximately 60 days after expiry, although in some cases this may vary.
- What can I do if someone else has already registered the .scot domain name I want?
- If you believe they are acting improperly, you can go to the DotScot registry regarding their dispute resolution processes.
Alternatively you may want to choose a different name that represents you or what you do.